Many of us have been in relationships where we thought it was going somewhere, that this person added so much to our lives, and things were going incredible – until something threw it off course and completely destroy what you had created. Maybe it was a lot of lies, maybe it was drugs, maybe it was cheating, maybe it was all of it in different times, or maybe you woke up one day and the person you thought you knew, did a complete 180.Continue reading “Loving Those Who Are Self Aware Yet Heartbroken”
It may seem very basic – breathing is important to live! If I’m not breathing, I’m dead, right?
How many of us have all of a sudden taken a deep inhale, only to realize we had been holding our breath most of the day? It isn’t as simple as “I’m breathing or I’m dead” (and I use this example because this is what I’ve heard over the last eight years), we can take shorter chest breaths, or hold it for extended periods of time without realizing it.
There is emotional correlation as well to our breathing cycle.
Our breath sets up a chain of events that influences every aspect of body
Breathing in fully represents taking in life, breathing out fully represents the
ability to let go.
Our lungs expand and contract, which causes a rocking action in every part of the
When we breathe in deep, we stimulate a nerve in our diaphragm and stomach
called the vagus nerve, which takes us out of survival response and into rest and
It is important to know the role of stress as well—our minds can’t differentiate
between past and present, so when we look back onto stressful situations with
emotional charges our brain sends off the survival signal again.
When we are in survival mode, we take smaller, shallow breaths which rarely go
as far as the stomach and diaphragm, much less deeper to the intestines. The
reasons for this being the body needs to preserve all energy and use up its
resources to get us out of the perceived “danger”.
Once we are out of danger, we take a deep breath and relax. However, with our
culture today, there is perceived threats everywhere and it also depends on our
belief systems, past experiences and our own perception which is unique to every
If we don’t take those deep breaths throughout the day, not only can the physical process be compromised, but emotionally, it is harder to process our day and work through what is happening, whether it feels stressful or not.
We also don’t integrate our daily events as efficiently which can lead to emotional overwhelm at time, even physical tightness.
When we feel like we are struggling to just get through a day, we are in survival
mode. It is hard to cope with normal stress, it is hard to breathe, and the body
isn’t getting the proper oxygen which can lead to things like fatigue, weight gain,
indigestion just to name a few.
Breathing stimulates the diaphragm so we can breathe fully as well as process our
emotions, the rhythmic movement of the diaphragm also massages the liver and
other digestive organs to help facilitate their functioning. It also stimulates the
stomach, pancreas and spleen as well as peristalsis of the intestines.
The pelvis rocks with breathing cycles, the pubic bones move down and back with
the in breath and returns with the out breath. This is important for the expansion
and contraction of muscles in the pelvis and legs. This helps with the venous
return of blood as well as act as a lymphatic pump.
Breathing also helps with the cranial bones which improve blood circulation and
lymph in the head. It helps with the cerebrospinal fluid circulation which helps
supply the brain with nutrients, helps us take in more information and have a
clear mind. It helps facilitate the CSF fluid down the spine which is important for
homeostasis in the body.
So, is there a specific breathing technique we can do to help? Absolutely! This technique is great before bed, it gets you in a rest state before attempting to fall asleep which, over time of consistent use, can help you fall asleep better with better quality of sleep. Often we are in sympathetic mode even though we are sleeping, which means we do not go deep into REM, and we may wake feeling groggy, tired, or slow to get up, not as mentally sharp or well rested.
This technique focuses on the pelvis to help retrain the breathing cycle. Do this right before sleep, so make sure everything you need to do before bed is done before you continue on with this technique.
1) Lay down and bend both knees so that your feet are flat on the bed, hip width apart. Be aware of your abdomen and pelvis while taking slow breaths.
2) On the inhalation, the pelvis should press downward onto the bed, causing the abdomen to rise and an arch to form under the low back.
3) On exhalation, the pelvis should move upward toward the ceiling, the abdomen sinking and the low back to rest against the bed.
4) Do 5 exaggerated breaths with the rocking sequence with your legs bent.
5) Do 5 exaggerated breaths with the rocking sequence with your legs down.
6) Then spend two minutes breathing naturally, while focusing on the subtle rocking of the pelvis.
7) Go to sleep.
Precautions – do not overdo the exercise, and do not do without the okay from a medical professional, especially if there are any spinal issues.
What this can improve:
*Brain function and clarity
Take notes and be aware of how you breathe. If you decide to do this – take note of how you’re feeling physically, how your sleep is, how you feel waking up and check in once a week minimum to see how it is changing for you.
You may think your sleep is good because it is what you’re used to, so be aware! Increased energy and clarity might happen even if you think it is good right now!
Every time I say “Do you listen to the Solfeggio Frequencies when meditating?” so many say “what? what is that? how do I do that?”
It is exactly the same as you meditate now – set your intention, put on your music and relax. (Okay so there may be guided meditations and these aren’t guided.)
However, with these frequencies, they are set to a specific hz to help stimulate a specific response in the body for deep healing. These have been used all throughout history, and is a great way if nothing else, to relax.
I use these daily – whether it is to help me sleep, or while driving (I wouldn’t recommend unless you know how you react to being in Alpha state – I live my life in Alpha majority of the time since taking Mindscape in 2012 so I know I won’t crash my car!), showering, cleaning, or doing the sit-down-let-go-of-your-mind meditations, even just mindfulness meditations. I have found it extremely helpful what frequency specifically does what, because we are static beings – we are in constant change – what we need one day or one hour, may change in the next.
How does sound therapy work?
According to the law of physics, everything vibrates: the chair you’re sitting in, the food you eat, the rocks and trees.
“Whether or not we hear it, everything has a sound, a vibration all its own,” writes Joshua Leeds in The Power of Sound (Healing Arts Press, 2001).
That sound is called resonance, the frequency at which an object naturally vibrates. Each part of our bodies has its own natural resonance, and vibrational medicine is based on the idea that disease is a result of those natural resonances getting out of tune – whether due to stress, illness or environmental factors.
So what sound therapy does, is bring our cells back into a that natural state and frequency. It is similar to tuning an instrument that is out of tune. When you use a guitar or violin that isn’t properly tuned, the sound you get is distorted. It is very similar in our bodies with our cells – if the vibration is out of tune, the cells actually degenerate. Check out Dr. Emoto’s water experiment, this blew me away.
This scale came into my life in 2013 and is what I use when I work with clients, when I work on myself, when I meditate (which should be more often than once a month – yes, I admit I don’t do it often enough.)
Here are all the frequencies, the descriptions, and which music I like the best. Feel free to go to youtube and find other ones. There are shorter/longer versions.
Find which one suits what you want to work on, click, and relax.
– Cleanses the feeling of guilt, which often represents one of the basic obstacle to realization, enables achievement of goals in the most direct way. It releases you from the feeling of guilt and fear by bringing down the defense mechanisms. This solfeggio frequency can also be also used as means of grounding, awakening, sobering and returning to reality.
– Next tone from the solfeggio scale is connected with resonation processes or processes of amplification. Re can “delete” person’s “alienation from the Divine” and enable returning to the “right path”. This solfeggio frequency cleanses traumatic experiences and clears destructive influences of past events. It can be used for cleaning limiting impression, which disables the person to achieve her life goals. When speaking of cellular processes, tone Re encourages the cell and its DNA to function in an optimal way. 417 Hz frequency energizes your body cells and helps to use their creative potentials.
– Used to return human DNA to its original, perfect state. If it is used in a way described in Webster’s dictionary – by communicating the wanted effect and with energy support from the “light” – miracles will happen! Process of DNA reparation is followed by beneficial effects – increased amount of life energy, clarity of mind, awareness, awakened or activated creativity, ecstatic states like deep inner peace, dance and celebration. It also opens the person for deep spiritual experiences and spiritual enlightenment.
– This frequency enables creation of harmonious community and harmonious interpersonal relationships. It can be used for dealing with relationships problems – those in family, between partners, friends or social problems. It can be used to encourage the cell to communicate with its environment. This ancient solfeggio frequency enhances communication, understanding, tolerance and love. 639 Hz frequency can also be used for communication with parallel worlds or spiritual spheres.
– Solfeggio 852 Hz is directly connected to the third eye chakra and can be used as means for awakening inner strength & self realisation. It is good for dissolving stagnate mental energy from to over-thinking. (mental activity) It is said to clear up energy blockages that before has hindered clear and strong communication with our higher self, spirit guides and spirit helpers. The 852 Hz solfeggio to play either clean as is or as a background sound to other audio.
– This tone awakens any system to its original, perfect state. It is connected with the Light and all-embracing Spirit, and enables direct experience, the return to Oneness. This frequency re-connects you with the Spirit, or the non-vibrational energies of the spiritual world. It will enable you to experience Oneness – our true nature.
All descriptions of the frequencies were not written by me, but used from this site which is a wealth of information!
Let me know if these work well for you or if you’ve used them before!
Which one is your favourite?
My all time favorite though is 528 I must admit – as a general wellbeing tool.
There are a few different reasons as to why certain areas seem more prone to accidents, but considering the emotional component can bring awareness to any pattern, any unresolved emotional issue.
Do you notice that you hit your elbows often? Is there tension around it or certain areas of pain? Do you have limited range of motion? All of these are meaningful, and once we understand why, we can begin the process of moving forward
The color vibration associated with the Sacral is Orange and the associated endocrines are ovaries, testes and prostrate, the associated organ is the kidneys.
The sacral, also known as the sexual chakra, is a powerful source of energy for many. Most of us, when we think “sexual”, the only thing coming to mind are acts of intimacy.
However, it is not the only thing associated with the sacral, but it is important to note that unbalanced intimite acts can disempower or overstimulate this area.
In my years of working with many different clients, I have appreciated their ways of thinking and their insights, despite how it may look because it deepens my understanding of conflict for others.
There is one common consciousness issue that I have seen arise for many different people, including myself, despite big differences in our circumstances.
I often talk about the consciousness of Separation, so what is it?
Our gut health is essential to optimal health in many areas, such as the brain, mood, rest and relaxation, digestion, energy levels and so much more. The fact that one of the first ingredients in majority of foods now a days is corn syrup (commonly called sucrose now), how much stress is increasing in our society, it’s no wonder how candida runs rampid.
As many of you may or may not know, about 99% of my clients are either over the phone or Skype. I get many questions on this, the most common being “how does it work if I am not there? How does my body know what is going On?”
Did you know that we are more than just flesh and blood? We have a complex electromagnetic system – such as the aura field. The Aura is just a form of EMF. Our thoughts, spirit, are another form of EMF. Our bodies produce EMF as well, at low intensity. The natural world and our bodies actually create natural EMFs. With technology as it is today and with all the advances we are making, we are being surrounded more and more with artificial EMF.